I started this blog as my semester long project for my Fall 2013 World Politics class but since I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner I plan to continue it even after the class ends. I'll be blogging about politics and current events. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll come back often.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Rock the Vote

There is an article on The New York Times site worth seeing. The photos are amazing. On Sunday, despite the Taliban's best efforts, the people of Afghanastan are going to the polls to vote for new leadership.

Even with all the stories in the news here about voter's rights violations overall it is so easy to vote here and I think many people take it for granted and a lot of people don't even bother doing it. But in light of Afghanastan and people being willing to risk their lives to vote in hopes of a better future it's a shame to know that there are people who just don't care and can't be bothered to vote here in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment