I started this blog as my semester long project for my Fall 2013 World Politics class but since I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner I plan to continue it even after the class ends. I'll be blogging about politics and current events. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll come back often.

Friday, February 28, 2014

At Least It Isn't Murder....

Just when I think the asinine things being said by those on the right, who almost always are men, can get any worse, they do...

Granted these aren't new statements by Maine Rep. Lawrence Lockman they are never the less ridiculous and often hateful and ignorant.

“Clearly the practice of sodomy is learned behavior, and those addicted to this form of biologically-insane sex are at high risk for all manner of serious medical problems”

He was against an anti-bullying law saying it was a form of thought policing.

He said a 1990 CBS special about a gay boy was “a recruitment tool for the militant homosexual movement”

And that's just a few example found in an article on the Bangor Daily News webiste

But what got my to blog about this guy was this statement, a statement made in the 90's but written about yesterday on Salon.com:  “If a woman has (the right to abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman? At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”

How do people who think like this and spout these uninformed thoughts in public get elected?

No comments:

Post a Comment