I started this blog as my semester long project for my Fall 2013 World Politics class but since I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner I plan to continue it even after the class ends. I'll be blogging about politics and current events. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll come back often.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Hey Hey We're The Monkeys

Iran wants in on the space race. They'd like a manned space program.

Over this past weekend Iran says it successfully sent a monkey named Fargam into space and he was able to parachute back to Earth.

Back in January (2013) there was controversy over this issue. Iran made the same claim then but the photos of the monkey that blasted off and the one that returned weren't of the same monkey. Officials called it a mistake saying that there was a mixup and a photo of a monkey from those considered was used accidentally.

On a more serious note some in the west wonder to what nefarious purposes Iran would use this technology.

There were no monkeys or monkey business involved in China's soft moon landing. This weekend's rover landing was the first in 37 years. China is only the third country to accomplish this and it puts them in a good place on their quest to accomplish a manned landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment