I started this blog as my semester long project for my Fall 2013 World Politics class but since I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner I plan to continue it even after the class ends. I'll be blogging about politics and current events. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll come back often.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Who let the dogs out

For the start of the holiday season I thought I'd share a feel good story with you.

Illinois Nation Guard member Jacob Montgomery and his 6 month-old puppy Dexter were living in Washington Illinois when the town was hit by tornados earlier this month. Jacob couldn't find Dexter in the aftermath of the storms and feared the worst.

Feared that is until nine days later he got a call that Dexter was found buried in the rubble of their apartment building and aside from some minor cuts and scrapes and being a bit malnourished Dexter was gong to be just fine.


Jacob said he was more worried about the loss of Dexter than the loss of his home and belongings.

In the wake off all the damage the tornados did it's this kind of story that is a reminder of how there is still good to be seen if we look for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment