I started this blog as my semester long project for my Fall 2013 World Politics class but since I'm not sure why I didn't do this sooner I plan to continue it even after the class ends. I'll be blogging about politics and current events. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll come back often.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Liar, Liar Pants On Fire

On Nov 13 two young girls, Carmen Lima 13 and Jennifer Martinez 16, confronted John Boehner while he was having breakfast at a DC area eatery.

The younger girl told the House Speaker that she hasn't seen her father since he was deported about 3 years ago. Both girls wanted to know what the a House was going to do on immigration reform. Boehner told the girls he was going to really try to move on the issue. The video of the girls confronting him shows him telling these girls he'd like to see this get done.

Later the same day as this breakfast confrontation Boehner stood in front of the press and said "We have no intention of ever going to conference on the Senate Bill" referring to a comprehensive bill passed with bipartisan support earlier in the year.


Not only is Boehner presiding over an extremely unproductive House who doesn't bother putting in much time actually working, he has now taken to out right lying to young people who in a few years will be voters. They'll be voters who remember this when they begin to think about the party they'd like to support.




No comments:

Post a Comment